Job Listing: Learning and Organization Development Specialist
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation - Williamsburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Learning and Organization Development Specialist
Salary - Based on experience.
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply - Click Here
As a dual subject matter expert in both Learning & Organization Development (L & OD), the L & OD Specialist will be responsible for providing focused, high quality, high-impact learning solutions, programs and resources in flexible and accessible ways that will enable Colonial Williamsburg employees and leaders to acquire the knowledge, skills, abilities, experiences and relationships needed to thrive personally and professionally.
Essential Duties & Responsibities Include:
- Strategize the build out, introduction, implementation and on-going effective use of CW’s learning management system.
- Identify relevant and engaging material to host in a complex, resource constrained environment. Manage and execute on the employee learning experience.
- Design, develop & deploy relevant and engaging curricula and programming that targets core CW competencies, advances an inclusive culture and builds the leadership skills necessary for effectively executing CW talent management practices.
- Evaluate course/ program effectiveness and use feedback to continuously improve.
- Consult and partner with leaders at all levels across the Foundation to surface learning and development needs and develop plans to address those needs ensuring alignment with mission, values, strategic plans, and operating priorities.
- Develop programs that ensure operational continuity and smooth transitions of key functions and roles. This includes supporting the design and implementation of leadership development programs to build leadership bench and succession strength from supervisory to executive leadership levels.
- Design and facilitate retreats and other leadership sponsored meetings to achieve targeted objectives (team alignment, team building, team effectiveness, etc.) to enhance overall team performance.
- Provides training, support and advisory to staff in planning for programs, projects and initiatives that support Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accountability (IDEA).
- Mine and analyze HR data (e.g., attrition, performance, workforce demographics, terminations, new hire and more) to identify organizational performance improvement opportunities, justify organizational learning and development recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Design and advance knowledge capture solutions to retain knowledge gained through significant tenure and subject matter expertise that could only be acquired while working as part of the Colonial Williamsburg team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
- Ability to perform the duties of the position, usually acquired through a related bachelor’s degree and 7 or more years of experience and training in Learning & Organization Development to include instructional design and delivery (ADDIE preferred) of adult learning theory, principles, practices, techniques with specific design and delivery experience with diversity-related training, workshops and communications
- PHR/SPHR certification
- Knowledge & experience with UKG
- Demonstrated Consultation and Facilitation Data Analysis & Reporting Skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of group dynamics, team development and experience designing and delivering team effectiveness training and experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to develop training plans, course curriculum, training guides and support material.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills working with diverse audiences.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Applications, Learning Management Systems, and Survey Monkey.