Job Listing: Gifts and Constituent Database Clerk
Chrysler Museum of Art - Norfolk, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Gifts and Constituent Database Clerk
Salary - To be determined.
Job Type - Part-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
*This is part-time position - 19 hours/week*
Ensures the Altru database is an effective tool for donor stewardship and development through the accurate and complete processing of constituent gifts and the acknowledgment of those gifts in accordance with existing Museum policies and procedures. Consistent database clean-up efforts helps the Museum maintain an accurate, complete, and up-to-date set of records documenting the Museum’s relationship with its stake-holders.
- Enter gifts (membership, donations, sponsorships, pledges, etc.) into the database, ensuring consistent gift entry in accordance with existing policies & procedures.
- Scan documentation into constituents’ record for significant gifts.
- Communicate entry questions to the “donation group” and follow up to ensure all questions are resolved for consistent database entry.
- Run development deposit gift reports.
- Generate, review and mail membership cards and acknowledgments.
- Process and mail membership renewals monthly.
- Perform database clean-up tasks to ensure its accuracy, integrity and utility with such tasks as address updates, Altru duplicate constituent processes, running reports/queries that test accuracy to update the database and reviews obituaries to update the database as needed.
- Run online gift reports to update constituent records for accurate and consistent database entry.
- Prepare reports/queries for analysis as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written are required.
- Must be able to interact with staff, board members, and volunteers of different levels and backgrounds.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills with a pleasant and positive attitude.
- Must have strong detail orientation, be hard working, and able to work quickly and efficiently with time sensitive material, while balancing multiple conflicting priorities.
- Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Prior experience in a non-profit setting and BA/BS preferred.
- Prior Altru experience preferred.
This position will work in a busy environment, subject to frequent interruptions, and will interface regularly with the public.
Must be able to lift and carry file boxes and other awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs, including up and down stairs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.