Job Listing: Executive Assistant
American Civil War Museum - Richmond. VA
Open until filled
Summary: The Executive Assistant supports the President and CEO and museum administration to help ensure a professional, courteous, and efficient office environment. The Executive Assistant also manages and/or coordinates meetings and supporting activities of the Museum’s Board of Directors and the Foundation Board.
The American Civil War Museum offers an excellent benefits package and generous personal time off. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We strive to be a workplace where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. We believe that an inclusive culture among our staff is critical to implementing our mission to understand the Civil War era’s history and impact in our lives today.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provides administrative support and assistance to the President and CEO.
● Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, reports, expense reports, and other documents.
● Arranges travel and accommodations for the President and CEO.
● Schedules meetings, prepares meeting agendas, and takes meeting notes.
● Answers and transfers phone calls, screening calls when necessary.
● Welcomes and directs visitors.
● Orders office supplies and ensures office supply expenses are within budget.
● Maintains files and pertinent ACWM documents in accordance with Record Retention protocol.
● Prepares and maintains check receipt logs for internal control purposes.
● Mails out accounts payable checks for internal control purposes.
● Serves as the primary contact for internship and volunteer requests, and coordinates such requests with appropriate staff.
● Performs other duties or projects as assigned.
● Assumes full responsibility for the management of board activities, minutes, and agenda development in coordination with Board Chair and President and CEO. Serves as the primary point of contact for members of the Board of Directors.
● Schedules, plans, and coordinates with Museum leadership for all Full Board and Committee Meetings.
● Ensures all reports are coordinated for timely distribution to the Board in advance of all meetings.
● Other duties or projects as assigned by the President and CEO.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
● Ability to coordinate multiple projects and excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
● Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
● Ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
● Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the Board of Directors and museum team.
● Extremely proficient with the Google suite (especially Docs, Sheets, and Calendar), Microsoft Office suite (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and the ability to learn new or updated software.
● Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
● Detail oriented with excellent organizational and customer service skills.
Education & Expereince:
Associates degree required. Backelors in business administration or related preferred.
At least four years of related experience