Job Listing: Events Coordinator - Stratford Hall
Stratford Hall - Westmoreland County, VA
Closes - open until filled
Position Title - Events Coordinator
Compensation - $18.00 per hour
Job Type - This is a part-time, non-exempt position with seasonal variation, 20-30+ hours during peak season.
Apply - To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Alex Withers, Director of Business Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary - This position is responsible for the overall organization and implementation the organization’s public festivals/fairs and private events. The position focuses primarily on administrative duties, volunteer management, event vendor and client correspondence, and attendee interactions.
Job Responsibilities -
- Aid in organization and implementation of single and multi-day festivals
- Assist with the development of new festival(s) and events
- Facilitate festival surveys and post-festival reporting
- Schedule staff schedules to cover public festivals
- Facilitate private events and facility rentals to include weddings, daytime and evening meetings and functions, corporate events, and various forms of facility rentals
- Respond to private event inquiries as needed, coordinate/lead site-visits, process payments, and staff events
- Coordinate with Department of Business Operations through routers and banquet event orders ensure proper set-up for on-site functions, both internal and external events
- Communicate with event sponsors, vendors, and clients leading up to festivals and private events
- Work closely with Stratford Hall staff and contracted vendors, to include caterers and equipment rental companies, in addition to external partners, clients, members, and donors
- Assist with client/vendor acknowledgement and correspondence
- Work with suppliers to schedule and coordinate deliveries
- Organize, maintain, and track event and festival inventory, including signage and technical equipment
- Proactively manage and maintain event and festival timelines, routers, budgets, and distribution lists (working with the Director of Business Operations)
- Forecast and manage annual expenses for events budget (working with the Director of Business Operations
- Problem solve during the event to include necessary cleaning, emergency response, etc
- Prepare check requests for vendor payments and process invoices
- Create and administer letters of agreement and contracts for vendors and clients
- Assist with photoshoots/photography of private events and festivals for marketing purposes
- Assist with pick-up and distribution of print materials for festivals and private events
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years’ experience working private/public events/festivals
- Highly developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Organized and self-motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong ability to flex between internal and external communication
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, etc
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including frequent evenings and weekends, to specifically include around the clock scheduling for the duration of scheduled events
- Five specific weekends, scheduled at least a year in advance, are required, including: 1 spring festival weekend; the thrid weekend in April for Board Meetings/Development Events; the third weekend in September for Wine & Oyster Festival; the third weekend October for Board Meetings/Development Events; and the second weekend in December for Christmastide
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred; 3-5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated thoroughness, accuracy, consistency, and attention to detail
- Creativity is a valuable asset to the position
Specifications & Physical Requirements
- Prolonged periods standing and walking, extensive data collection/reporting.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at a time.
About Stratford Hall - Stratford Hall is a National Historic Landmark located in Westmoreland County, VA nestled along the Potomac River. A publicly accessible museum and historic site for over ninety years and home to the only two brothers to have signed the Declaration of Independence, Stratford Hall will leverage the upcoming 250th Anniversary of the birth of our nation to reintroduce our broad and diverse stories to our communities and stakeholders. A model of historic preservation and land conservation, Stratford Hall contributes actively to the Northern Neck community and encourages applications from strategic thinkers committed to joining this collaborative and dynamic leadership team as we undergo a transformative strategic planning process.
What We Offer: Stratford Hall pays a competitive salary for the non-profit sector. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive and collaborative culture among our staff, which we believe is critical to advancing our mission. Prospects interested in helping to ensure Stratford Hall remains relevant for future generations and in making a difference at our historic site, in our field, and to our community are encouraged to apply. For more information about our organization please visit www.stratfordhall.org.
The organization does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.