Job Listing: Education and Visitor Experience Coordinator
Loudoun Museum - Leesburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Education and Visitor Experience Coordinator
Salary - $20-$25/hr
Job Type - Part-Time
Apply: please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Education and Visitor Experience Coordinator
Loudoun Museum Background: The Loudoun Museum, located in downtown Leesburg, VA, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Museum’s mission is to navigate Loudoun County's evolving future, conserve Loudoun's diverse and complete history, interpret authentically, and disseminate knowledge of Loudoun’s culture, history, and natural treasures.
The Education and Visitor Experience Coordinator will work in collaboration with staff, volunteers, and the Board to provide physical and intellectual access to the museum exhibits, build educational initiatives, as well as recruiting and managing volunteers. This position will also be a key member of the operational staff for the museum and reports to the Executive Director.
· Facilitate connections with LCPS and develop programs relating to curriculum and Virginia SOLs.
· Manage, schedule, and deliver in-school, on-site and virtual programs for Loudoun County students.
· Prepare relevant resources relating to local history and preservation for educators.
· Serve as a liaison between the schools, museum staff, and other partners for potential field trips to sites of historical significance in Loudoun County.
· Explore implementation of professional development opportunities for teachers
· Collect programmatic data, including maintaining accurate attendance records, recording audience demographics, and gathering participant feedback.
· Provide meaningful visitor experiences through knowledgeable and trained volunteers, interns, and docents.
· Provide supervision for frontline services by volunteers and interns, including front desk, group visits, educational programs, and special events.
· Schedule self and others to ensure adequate coverage of front desk during open hours.
· Keep accurate admissions records.
· Reconcile cash and charge receipts related to museum sales.
· Recruit and train museum volunteers.
· Schedule and support volunteers.
· Develop volunteer retention and recognition programs.
Skills and Experience:
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in history, education, museum studies or related field required.
· Experience working in a museum setting preferred.
· Experience working with K-12 grade groups in an educational setting preferred.
· Experience working with diverse populations and perspectives required.
· Solid project management and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to manage multiple, diverse, and competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
· Excellent customer service, organization, and communication skills.
· Experience with computers and Microsoft Office suite required.
Job Type, Pay & Benefits:
This is a part-time, non-exempt, position limited to an average of 25 hours per week. This position includes regular weekend days and some holidays. It pays an hourly rate of $20-25, depending on qualifications.
To apply please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loudoun Museum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are afforded equal opportunities without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability.