Job Listing: Director of Development
Birthplace of Country Music Museum - Bristol, VA/TN
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Director of Development
Salary - Based on experience.
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Birthplace of Country Music, Inc. (BCM) in Bristol, TN/VA seeks a Director of Development. This will be a full-time, exempt, position reporting to the BCM Executive Director. BCM operates a popular, interactive museum, produces an annual music festival, and operates a multichannel radio station in addition to other activities (see www.birthplaceofcountrymusic.org for more information). This person will be responsible for planning, coordinating and managing the overall fundraising effort for BCM.
- College degree required (significant successful development experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Knowledge of best practices in all aspects of the development profession
- Three years minimum experience in development functions for a non-profit organization including solicitation of individuals, businesses, government entities and others as well as grant program management, fundraising events, and donor care
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement the plan
- Demonstrated ability to secure major gifts and to coordinate capital campaigns
- Excellent communications (written and oral) skills including public speaking
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Personable and able to relate well with BCM staff, board members, donors and other individuals and groups
- Excellent basic computer skills; experience with development software desirable
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task, and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Self-starter with initiative, common sense, and good decision-making skills