Job Listing: Director of Communications
Chrysler Museum of Art - Norfolk, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Director of Communications
Salary - Commensurate with experience.
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply: Click here
They will develop, implement, and evaluate an annual institutional communications plan and budget and a master communications schedule in collaboration with the Museum’s Senior Leadership Team. They will help refine and maintain the integrity of the Chrysler brand. In collaboration with external PR firms, they will develop a comprehensive strategy to secure local, regional, national, and international media coverage of the Museum's exhibitions, collections, programs, and other important events.
The Director of Communications must be:
- Committed to working closely and collaboratively with colleagues in all areas of the organization and help them achieve their departmental goals.
- Able to think strategically, take initiative, juggle multiple projects, and understand and promote the Chrysler’s mission.
- Flexible, adaptable, and ready for change.
- A problem solver.
- Able to envision and understand the “big picture,” and adjust plans as necessary.
- Able to appreciate and embrace the artistic and educational mission of the Chrysler Museum.
- Excellent organizational
- Planning, supervisory and communication skills
- Superior writing skills
- Attention to detail
- B.A. in Marketing, English, Communications, Public Relations, or related discipline
- At least 5 years of responsibility in public relations, communications, or marketing, with a proven track record of creating and implementing marketing and communications strategies to advance institutional mission and objectives.
The Chrysler Museum of Art is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.