Job Listing: Development Coordinator
PRESERVATION VIRGINIA - RICHMOND, VA
Open until filled
The development coordinator is responsible for implementing external communications for Preservation Virginia. This role incorporates both marketing and development responsibilities, including management of the donor database and acknowledgement letters, social media campaigns and website. The development coordinator also assists in development-related event planning. This position reports to the director of development.
- In coordination with the annual fund manager, maintain and update the donor database. Process donations and acknowledgements of gifts and pledges. This includes recording gifts in donor records, preparing and mailing acknowledgements and other necessary documentation for review by the annual fund manager.
- Curate Preservation Virginia’s social media channels. Brainstorm and produce creative content, and monitor, moderate and respond to audience comments when necessary; manage social media partnerships with other brands; and create and/or post shareable images and videos.
- Work with programs managers to ensure all messaging aligns with key strategies as outlined in the strategic plan and marketing plans
- Main point of contact for website updates on preservationvirginia.org. Work with management team to determine content needs and secure copy and images as necessary
- Work with subject matter experts provide content needed for various campaigns
- Update the communications calendar in preparation for management team meetings
- Brainstorm and collaborate with teams and various departments to generate new ideas and coordinate strategies for carrying them out
- Main point of contact for social media needs at five of Preservation Virginia’s historic sites, including Bacon’s Castle, Cape Henry Lighthouse, the John Marshall House, Patrick Henry’s Scotchtown and Smith’s Fort. Monitor activity on historic sites’ social media pages and offer support and coaching to site coordinators
- Work with historic sites and programs managers to update relevant community calendars for upcoming events
- Assist in cultivation and stewardship events, including invitations design, maintaining RSVPs, securing catering and other responsibilities
- Assists donors as needed and participates in the overall success of the development department
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required with 2-3 years’ experience in non-profit development or marketing. Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects. Experience with technologies and best practices for campaigns across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and WordPress. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to work with and motivate other professionals and volunteers. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to work independently with little supervision. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with Raiser’s Edge database and graphic design preferred.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume electronically to email@example.com.