Job Listing: Communications and Membership Manager
Historic Germanna - Orange, VA
Closes - open until filled
Job Title - Communications and Membership Manager
Compensation - $47,000 - $52,000 per year
Position Type - full-time
Apply - Send resume, cover letter, and writing samples or portfolio to Jennifer Hurst-Wender, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your email subject line.
Summary - The Communications and Membership Manager at Historic Germanna is pivotal in managing the organization's CRM database, supporter communications, and marketing efforts. The role involves promoting and communicating Historic Germanna's events, programs, and resources to engage members, supporters, and the wider community. This position will also assist in the development and implementation of supporter-based programs like our annual reunion conference and additional fundraising events. The selected candidate will collaborate closely with the Executive Director and other staff members to develop and implement comprehensive communication and membership strategies.
Job Responsibilities -
- Manage Historic Germanna's CRM database and implement strategies for stewardship, renewal, and growth.
- Generate reports to measure campaign results and overall membership retention and growth.
- Develop, promote, and document best practices and policies associated with member, donor, and prospect management.
- Ensure the security, accuracy, and integrity of the donor database.
- Develop and implement an overall communications plan for programming, events, marketing, and fundraising efforts.
- Maintain and update the organization's WordPress website.
- Draft and distribute press releases
- Represent the Historic Germanna at events and in the community.
- Create and schedule compelling content for social media platforms.
- Work with staff to send out weekly e-newsletters.
- Collaborate on achieving program sponsorship goals.
- Assist with organizing and implementing fundraising programs like the annual conference and reunion, Oktoberfest, etc.
- Perform additional task-based and administrative duties as needed to support the organization's success.
- Experience working with CRM Databases, DonorPerfect, or similar programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Management, Public History, Museum Studies, or a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Understanding of current public history trends and the ability to convey complex historical narratives to the public.
- Experience in developing marketing materials.
- Strong knowledge of current trends in digital media and social media.
- Proficiency in editing and design software, Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Adobe Suite, and Canva.
- Experience creating and managing e-newsletters.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, and budget management skills.
- Creativity and ingenuity.
- Ability to work well in a team with emotional intelligence, flexibility, and a growth mindset.
About Historic Germanna - Historic Germanna is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Formerly known as the Germanna Foundation, our history encompasses the lives of Indigenous peoples, English Colonists, early German immigrants and their descendants, and African American communities. Through our varied programs, we serve multiple communities, including outdoor recreation and conservation, education, descendants and genealogy, archaeology, historic preservation, and tourism.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Historic Germanna is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and unfair treatment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender stereotyping, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic. We also provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process. If you require accommodation, please notify us via the email address listed in this announcement.