Job Listing: Collections Manager
Naval History and Heritage Command, Richmond, VA
Closes: Feb 18
Salary: $79,367 to $103,182 per year
You will serve as the Collection Manager in the Curator Branch of the NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND (NHHC), overseeing the daily operations of the Collection Management Facility in Richmond, VA including inventorying, cataloging, and storing artifacts; managing the facility to ensure that it is in good working order; and guiding the Collection Management Section through best practices for managing a museum collection.
- You will serve as the lead for the NHHC backlog elimination and baseline inventory projects
- You will oversee the inventory, cataloging, and storage of the headquarters artifact collection and advise the Collection Management Section on best practices for managing a museum collection.
- You will generate written reports such as inventories and project status reports.
- You will manage the day-to-day operation of the 300,000 square foot NHHC Collection Management Facility (CMF), ensuring it is well maintained and functioning efficiently.
- You will supervise the Curator Branch staff located at CMF assigning tasks, ensuring training compliance, conducting training, establishing yearly objectives, and conducting performance reviews.