Job Listing: Administrative Assistant
THE NATIONAL DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - WASHINGTON, DC
has an immediate full-time opening for a highly motivated individual with excellent administrative skills to join our team in the DAR Museum.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who are passionate about working in a museum environment of a non-profit organization.
Provides general administrative/clerical office support including answering the phone, fielding calls, emails or visits from members and the public; updating and maintaining office record keeping systems and files; coordinating logistics and managing registration systems for museum events such as exhibition openings, workshops, education programs or receptions; tracking and processing donations and other donor related programs, and assisting the director and other team members with special or ongoing projects.
The Administrative Assistant will also have responsibility for staffing the museum shop approximately 20 hours per week welcoming and assisting visitors to the shop and off site customers, ringing up sales, taking shop orders, and performing opening and closing duties of the shop area.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must have experience performing administrative, clerical or office administration duties, including work experience using MS Office Suite and databases. Experience providing customer/guest or visitor service is required. Applicants with experience working in a museum, non-profit, development/fundraising or visitor services are highly desired and will be given priority consideration.
The successful candidate must be able to:
* Effectively interact and communicate with individuals in person, on the phone, and electronically in a friendly and professional manner.
* Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to compose grammatically correct correspondence, letters, emails, etc.
* Work effectively as part of a team.
* Problem-solve and demonstrate solid organization skills.
* Handle multiple projects, tasks, or deadlines and at the same time be able to work under pressure or under changing work priorities.
* Accurately proof work and possess excellent follow-up, project/task management skills.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
Attn: Human Resources Director
1776 D St. NW, Washington, DC 20006-5303