Job Listing: Administrative Assistant
Fort Monroe Authority - Hampton, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Administrative Assistant
Salary - $30,560-$34,380/Annually
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Work Condition: Office environment in historic building, not ADA accessible. Moderate lifting. Regular 40 hour work week, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
Reports to: Executive Assistant & Government Relations Coordinator, Fort Monroe Authority (FMA)
1. Answers telephone and directs the caller to the appropriate person. Screening when necessary and/or transfer a caller to an employee’s voicemail when not available. Provides callers with information such as FMA’s address, directions to the FMA’s locations, fax number, website and other related information
2. Greets and directs visitors to the FMA
3. Assists Executive Assistant in preparation for Board, Committees meetings and documentation
4. Assists Executive Department with clerical duties such as photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing and collating, reviewing documents, editing reports, and creating spreadsheets/presentations
5. Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail and all other deliveries
6. Manage inventory and ordering of office supplies and kitchen supplies for Building 83
7. Manages the scheduling and internal reservation of shared conference space
8. Handles requests for information and materials
9. Assist with Volunteer Coordination
10. Data entry into Excel or other databases
11. Generates forms and letters and assist with mailings
12. Assists Executive Assistant with business related meetings\events, spreadsheets and presentations
13. Contact for facility needs for Building 83
14. Serves as a backup to assist other departments, specifically Special Events, Human Resources, Procurement, and Communications, in providing information and managing the flow of communication with those departments in their absence.
15. Performs other related and assigned duties
· Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED). Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 6 months to 1 year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, to include front line customer service/administrative experience
· Possession of strong organizational skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
· Should be customer service driven
· Works as a team player who looks for ways to assist other team members
· Proficient in all business correspondence
· Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher)
· Professional appearance and promptness a must
· Previous Board support experience preferred
Note: All full-time employees are required to contribute 5% of annual salary toward their retirement account; in accordance with VRS retirement provisions. This will be handled through a pre-tax payroll deduction.
At the Fort Monroe Authority, we are committed to creating and sustaining an agency culture affirming and respecting diversity. We aim to recruit, develop and retain talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Fort Monroe Authority is committed to employing inclusive practices in our daily operations and is proud to be an EEO workplace and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, national origin and religion or any other characteristic protected by law.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.