Job Listing: Visitor Experience Associate
Capital Jewish Museum -Washington, D.C.
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Visitor Experience Associate
Salary - $20/hr
Job Type - Part Time
Apply: Interested applicants are asked to please forward a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to
The Capital Jewish Museum is seeking a Visitor Experience Associate to join our
team at a pivotal moment. Help us open the newest cultural institution in DC.
This new part-time position will be an integral part of our Operations team and
to how our Museum is run day-to-day. Responsible for engaging with the public
in order to provide an educational, safe and memorable experience at CJM. VEAs
are also tasked with running the daily, frontline operations in a smooth and
efficient manner per the instruction of the Operations Coordinator.
About the Capital Jewish Museum
The Capital Jewish Museum is a new Jewish history and culture museum under
construction located at 3rd and F St. NW, Washington, DC, just a block from the National
Building Museum, and short walk from Union Station. The Museum will open our doors to the
public in Summer 2023. The mission of the Capital Jewish Museum is to inspire audiences
to Connect, Reflect, and Act — connect across families and communities, reflect on the
relevance of history to today, and act on behalf of their communities and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Greets & welcomes visitors upon their arrival and helps orient them to the Museum by
letting them know the wide range of programming and activities available.
• Assists visitors with way finding around the Museum.
• Provides information and monitors conduct of visitors and advises security of anything
out of the ordinary.
• Accurately answer visitor questions regarding a wide variety of topics including general
CJM/DC history questions, directional questions and questions about tourism & other
attractions in the Penn Quarter area by utilizing information received during training.
• Fields phone calls from Museum guests and members and provides excellent customer
• Sells memberships at the Welcome Desk and over the phone.
• While working the desk, is also responsible for day-to-day operations of the Museum
• Assists Operations Coordinator with Inventory.
• Rotates with other VEAs to work the Museum coffee cart.
• Monitors and controls visitor flow into Museum spaces at entry and exit points. Reports
any issues with visitor flow to Supervisors.
• Responds to visitor concerns and complaints by utilizing information received during
training. Reports any concerns to Supervisors in a timely & efficient manner.
• Provides professional, efficient, and approachable support and excellent customer
service to visitors and staff alike.
• Works with contracted security and other Operations Team members to ensure
smooth visitor operations and a good visitor experience.
• Assists with special events that take place at the Museum throughout the year.
• Performs any other duties as may reasonably be required.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Two years customer service experience desired, experience in Visitor Services at
cultural institutions or in the tourism industry preferred.
• Must be able to interact with various personality traits and continue to maintain
a professional demeanor with both staff & visitors alike.
• Must be responsible, flexible, punctual and able to work well under pressure.
• Proficiency in cash handling and inventory management preferred.
• Must be able to work any shift including weekends, nights and holidays; and/or
work extended hours if required.
• Welcome and embrace differences among employees and visitors.
• Perform effectively as a member of a team in carrying out the Museum’s stated
mission and core values.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; problem solving ability, attention to detail, ability
to recognize and address day-to-day and long-term responsibilities without direct supervision;
goal oriented; be supportive of colleagues in all areas of museum operations.
Salary and Benefits
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a pay rate of $20/hour. The Capital Jewish
Museum offers a monthly Metro Stipend to defray the cost of commuting.
Interested applicants are asked to please forward a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to
Offer of employment contingent upon a pre-employment background check and proof of
vaccination against COVID-19.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. CJM encourages applications from all
qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.