Introduction to Collections Care
VAM is honored to partner with the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in presenting a day long workshop on the basics of collections care. The program will feature lecture plus hands-on activities devoted to prioritizing the importance of collections care, including such topics as:
- Establishing mission, responsibilities, and policies
- Reviewing major agents of deterioration, such as environmental, surroundings, people, and emergencies
- Condition reporting
- Handling and housekeeping
*Attendees will receive a basic collections care toolkit and binder of resources!
- Stephen D. Bonadies, Senior Deputy Director for Conservation and Collections, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Meredith Watson, IMLS Advanced Fellow, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
Virginia Certificate in Museum Managment:
- Provides one credit in Collections Care
|9:30 AM - 10:00 AM||Registration Check-in|
|10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Morning Presentation|
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Lunch Break|
|1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Afternoon Presentation|
Please provide attendee contact information for tickets purchased. It is proferred that each attendee register themself in order that event history is correctly tracked in their account. If you are not a member, consider joining to take advantage of the discounted member rates. VAM staff are always happy to process a registration for you by contacting 804.358.3170. Thank you!