Workshop - Introduction to Collections Care - Richmond
Presented in Partnership with Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts200 N Boulevard
Richmond, VA 23221
Introduction of Collections Care
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in partnership with the Virginia Association of Museums will present a one-day workshop on the basics of collections care. This workshop will feature lecture plus hands-on activities devoted to prioritizing the importance of collections care, such as:
- Establishing mission, responsibilities, and policies
- Reviewing major agents of deterioration, such as environmental, surroundings, people, and emergencies
- Condition reporting
- Handling and housekeeping
*Attendees will receive basic collections care tools and binder of resources!
- Stephen D. Bonadies, Senior Deputy Director for Conservation and Collections, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Meredith Watson, IMLS Advanced Fellow, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
Virginia Certificate in Museum Management:
- Provides one credit in Collections Management
This event is held in partnership with the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Thank you to the VMFA for hosting.
*Please Note: There will be no box lunch available for purchase. Guests can take advantage of the Best Cafe restaurant located on-site at the VMFA, dine at a local restaurant, or bring your own lunch.
|10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
|1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
For More Information:
Richmond, VA 23221 804.358.3170
Please provide attendee contact information for tickets purchased. It is preferred that each attendee register themself in order that event history is correctly tracked in their account. If you are not a member, consider joining to take advantage of the discounted member rates.
Having problems registering? We're always happy to help! Contact VAM at 804.358.3170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org