Job Listing: Weekend Docent
Wilton House Museum - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Weekend Docent
Salary - $10.00/Hour
Job Type - Part-Time
For more info and to apply - Submit a resume and cover letter to Katie Watkins, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Weekend Docent is to serve as the front line of the museum experience for guests, conducting guided tours of Wilton House Museum. This position reports to the Director of Education.
Hours and Compensation
This is a part-time position of up to 13 hours a week to be worked Saturday (8) and/or Sunday (5). The employee is expected to work a regularly scheduled workweek with any changes to the above schedule approved in advance.
The position pays $10.00 an hour. This position has no paid time off or benefits.
- Conduct guided tours of Wilton House Museum for daily visitors and scheduled groups.
- Work with museum docents and staff to maintain museum standards i.e. protecting the collection, security, and responding to an emergency or incident.
- Respond to visitor inquiries on the collection, exhibitions, and programs.
- Conduct historical research related to museum tours and programs.
- Attend on-going docent training and professional development.
- An interest in early American history and a passion for education
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers and staff of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Willing and able to amplify marginalized voices and perspectives to facilitate deeper understanding, inclusivity, and equity
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills