Job Listing : Director of Institutional Advancement
George Washington Foundation, Fredericksburg, VA
Position Title: Director of Institutional Advancement
Reports to: President and Chief Executive Officer
Status: Exempt Full Time Salary
Position Summary: Serves as chief development officer for the George Washington Foundation and as leader of the Institutional Advancement team. Responsible for the planning and implementation of all Advancement initiatives with the guidance and support of a staff. Serves as a member of the President’s senior staff and Content Committees.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced Degree preferred
Skills: A minimum of eight years of non-profit resource development, marketing and leadership experience, with a demonstrated record of success and the highest ethical standards. Additional teaching or professional museum experience also desirable. Demonstrated ability in written and verbal communication is required, with excellent organizational skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks. Must be comfortable in a variety of community relations and public roles, and able to successfully engage a wide range of partners on behalf of the Foundation and in support of the President.
Responsibilities to Include But Not Limited to:
- Develop comprehensive goals and annual plans for all facets of the Institutional Advancement function each year, working collaboratively with a range of staff and colleagues. Provide sound, energetic, and strategic leadership by setting ambitious but attainable targets that will stimulate institutional growth
- Develop and steward a portfolio of 50-75 leadership giving prospects from across the United States. Work with the President and Advancement staff to actively update this portfolio each quarter, based on ongoing efforts to cultivate and solicit those individuals.
- Support peers on the Foundation’s senior management team in their endeavors with regard to the organization’s overall annual and strategic plans.
- Maintain involvement in the Foundation’s educational and community programming.
- Be an engaged and committed leader and community member who actively promotes the Foundation
- Listen actively, write effectively and deliver professional presentations for internal and external constituents
- Develop a comprehensive budget each year for the Institutional Advancement function, working closely with the President and Director of Finance & Human Resources on matters of quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations with Advancement Staff, working closely with the President and Director of Finance & Human Resources
- Additional responsibilities as they arise, upon request of the President.
We encourage interested parties to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as submitted and it is in your best interest to complete your application as quickly as possible after the position is posted. Interviews will be scheduled in March. The position will remain open until filled. Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@gwffoundation.org. EOE.