Job Listing: Museum Shop Cashier
James Monroe's Highland - Charlottesville, VA
Closes - 05/15/2021
Position Title – Museum Shop Cashier
Salary - $12.00/hour
Job Type - Part-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Highland, the home of President James Monroe is seeking a part-time cashier to work at the historic site's Museum Shop. Applicants must have excellent customer service and communication skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interacting with Highland visitors in ticket sales, way-finding assistance and sale of Museum Shop merchandise, replenishing inventory, tagging merchandise, and light housekeeping. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic ambassadors of history, possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Previous retail experience and familiarity with the Albemarle-Charlottesville area a plus. Hours include weekends and occasional evenings. Previous cash handling experience in a service-oriented environment is preferred. William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. This position is located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Operate all aspects of the register, including cash and card transactions, scanners, and scales
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer, ensuring that all transactions are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Answer any customer inquiries, and use your knowledge of store layout and product content to give directions as needed
- Assist customers with bagging and carrying products as needed
- Maintain a clean work environment, keeping register clear for incoming customers
- Other duties as requested