Job Listing: Weekend Site Coordinator
Wilton House Museum - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Weekend Site Coordinator
Salary - $11.50/Hour
Job Type - Part-Time
For more info and to apply - Submit a resume and cover letter to Katie Watkins, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Weekend Site Coordinator is to serve as the frontline of the museum experience responsible for welcoming museum visitors, processing admissions, capturing demographic information, and conducting tour evaluation surveys. In addition to primary responsibility for opening and closing the site on weekends, this individual performs as docent when needed. This position reports to the Director of Education.
Wilton House Museum is an AAM-accredited historic house museum and the headquarters of The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the Commonwealth of Virginia (NSCDA-VA). The purpose of the Weekend Site Coordinator is to advance our mission and enhance the museum visitor experience.
Hours and Compensation
This is a part-time position of approximately 20 hours a week to be worked on Friday (8), Saturday (8), and Sunday (4). The employee is expected to work a regularly scheduled workweek with any changes to the above schedule approved in advance.
The position pays $11.50 an hour. This position has no paid time off or benefits.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Wilton House Museum on the weekends.
- Guide guests on 1 hour tours of historic house and/or monitor self-guided tours.
- Prepare weekly summary reports of weekend operations.
- Ensure that Wilton is open for tours during all operational hours.
- Process visitor admission and capture of essential demographic information to include handling cash, credit cards, and checks for museum store and admissions income.
- Work with museum docents and staff to maintain museum standards i.e. protecting the collection, security, and responding to an emergency or incident.
- Assist with occasional weekend programs and evening events.
- Provide general administrative support for the organization as directed by the Director of Education.
- Guest services and point of sale operating experience.
- Experience in a non-profit/museum environment.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Experience in leading guided tours preferred.
- High School Diploma is required