Job Listing: Visual Studies Collection Registrar
Library of Virginia - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Visual Studies Collection Registrar
Salary - $42,000 min to $60,000 max (commensurate with experience)
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply - click here.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license or ability to obtain prior to hire;
- A Bachelor’s degree in library science, history, museum studies or a related field, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience in an archival, historical library, or museum;
- Considerable knowledge of computer technologies relating to pictorial images;
- Working knowledge of photographic processes, standards, and technology;
- Working knowledge of archival, library, and collection management standards and procedures;
- Working knowledge of historical pictorial images; research methodologies and techniques, including cataloging;
- Working knowledge of copyright law and copyright/permission related library policies;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Access, and Excel;
- Demonstrated ability to work well and collegially within multiple team environments, and with patrons;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to complete detailed projects effectively and efficiently and within multiple deadlines;
- Ability to lift an average of 25-50 pounds; and
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Considerable knowledge of Virginia historical pictorial images highly desired;
- Working knowledge of MARC; and
- Knowledge of Virginia state and local history strongly preferred.
Sponsorship will not be provided for this position now or in the future. Confirmation of eligibility to work will be required at time of hire.