Job Listing: Visitor Services Senior Technician
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation - Williamsburg, VA
Closes - 10/20/2021
Position Title – Visitor Services Senior Technician
Salary - $31,200/Annually
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Benefits available for full-time employees can be reviewed on the Department of Human Resource Management’s benefit page at: dhrm.virginia.gov/employeebenefits. You must complete an online application for employment consideration at the Commonwealth of Virginia Online Employment System. All applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
If you have further Human Resources questions, please contact email@example.com.
For more information on benefits from the Commonwealth of Virginia, visit the Department of Human Resource Management.
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation Hiring Guidelines
- The Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin or disability (Civil Rights Act, 1964 and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990).
- Job applicants are screened based on what is presented in the Commonwealth of Virginia employment application, which doesn’t include any candidate-related references to potential discriminatory factors. A background and E-Verify checks are required.
- Third-person interpretive practices (not actors) are used in interpretive areas. The Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation hires persons who can effectively share the important stories of 17th- and 18th-century Virginia to audiences of all ages and backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
SALARY: $31,200 plus State Benefit Package
The Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation is seeking a Visitor Services Senior Technician. This position is responsible for providing superior customer service, offering general information about the museums and processing museum ticket sales, while providing leadership to Visitor Services staff and volunteers. This position is responsible for supervising part-time staff and providing administrative support such as performance management, developing monthly staff and volunteer schedules, processing staff payroll and inventory management.
– Exceptional customer service skills.
– Effective oral and written communication skills.
– Working skill in cash handling, including a basic understanding of accounting principles and experience in handling large volumes of sales transactions and payments.
– Ability to work effectively and respectfully with people of diverse cultures, ages, and economic backgrounds.
– Strong computer skills, to include experience operating point of sale software, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
– Ability to train and mentor staff through proper training procedures, encourage interest and motivation in others and display courtesy in any given circumstance.
– A valid driver’s license is required.
– State health benefits & flexible spending accounts.
– Paid leave including sick leave, personal leave, annual leave accruals, and 12 holidays.
– Professional development opportunities.
– Retirement savings plans with limited employer match available (VRS).
– Life & Long-Term care insurance.
– Employee Assistance Program.
– Employee discounts for companies including Verizon, Enterprise, Choice Hotels and many more!
This position has the opportunity for promotional movement within the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation and other agencies within the Commonwealth of Virginia. We believe that long-term career growth is a key aspect of job satisfaction!
Please submit an application either online at virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com or by contacting Human Resources for additional application options. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on October 20, 2021. Applicants will only be screened based on what is presented in the Commonwealth of Virginia employment application and related documents. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. JYF encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in a manner consistent with legal requirements.