Job Listing: Visitor Services Associate, PT
Historic Jamestowne (Preservation Virginia) - Williamsburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Visitor Services Associate
Salary - $12.00/Hour
Job Type - Part-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Reporting to the Visitor Services Management Team, the Visitor Services Associate is responsible for providing exceptional customer service at the Historic Jamestowne Visitor Center and two museum stores. Associates can be scheduled up to, but no more than, 1,500 hours per year. Weekend and holiday work are required. Operating hours are Monday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Associates must have flexibility to accommodate this schedule.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Associates will work in a team-oriented environment and should provide exceptional customer service at the Visitor Center and museum stores while participating in daily retail and ticketing operations.
- Sales, Customer Service, and Museum Information
- Welcoming and engaging visitors as well as directing and orienting them to the historic park and museum
- Handling phone inquiries
- Quickly assessing and resolving visitors’ needs
- Maintaining focus and a professional demeanor while serving large numbers of visitors
- Possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Being honest, reliable, and a team player
- Showing initiative and a high level of attention to detail
- Providing information about products and history
- Demonstrating significance of historic products through interpretation
- Successfully completing training courses on the history of Jamestown, archaeological processes, and Archaearium exhibits to demonstrate a clear understanding of the material
- Providing accurate information to visitors about the history of Jamestown, the historical park, exhibits and artifacts, and archaeological processes
- Providing information about ticket, pass, and program options
- Handling cash, check, and charge transactions using registers or tablet POS
- Checking in tour groups
- Maintaining secure cash handling standards
- Counting tills daily, maintaining an accurate till count, and requesting change and NPS passes as needed
- Performing refunds, exchanges, business use, and tax-exempt transactions when necessary
- Upselling merchandise, specialty programs, and tours to visitors and encouraging donations when possible
- Entering visitors into the Guest Registry and reaching targets set by management
- Stock, Inventory, and Operations
- Restocking, cleaning, and organizing the ticket counter and sales floors
- Monitoring the ticket counter and sales floors
- Transporting merchandise and supplies to and from stores and storage
- Checking in and pricing merchandise
- Maintaining organization of the stock areas
- Preparing for and participating in taking inventory
- Performing other duties as required by the management team
The Visitor Services Associate position is a part-time position and provides no benefits. Associates should be able to stand for extended periods of time during their shift, lift up to 50 pounds, work outside, and be comfortable with basic computer operations. A high school diploma or G.E.D and a federal background check are required for employment.