Job Listing: Visitor Services Associate, Part-Time
Casemate Museum at Fort Monroe Authority - Fort Monroe, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Visitor Services Associate
Salary - $14.00/hour
Job Type - Part-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Museum, Education and Interpretation Department – Fort Monroe Authority
Position Title: Part-time Visitor Services Associate; up to 29 hours\week; includes weekends
Fort Monroe Authority seeks an enthusiastic and outgoing Visitor Services Associate (VSA) to join the Museums, Education and Interpretation team. The Visitor Services Associate is the first impression when visitors begin their experiences at Fort Monroe, whether seeing the museum or being oriented to the landscape and historic surroundings. The VSA will greet, welcome and engage visitors, and provide an orientation to Fort Monroe’s museum complex. The VSA will work in a team-oriented environment providing exceptional customer service, working from either the newly opened Visitor and Education Center or the Casemate Museum.
- Implement front desk daily procedures
- Complete daily opening and closing procedures for the building, to include open and close walk-throughs of public spaces
- Act as the primary source of access and communication for the visitor
- Answers, handles and directs phone calls or other inquiries
- Quickly assesses and resolves visitors’ needs
- Maintains focus and a professional demeanor while serving large numbers of visitors
- Provides information about tickets to the museum, special experiences and other program options
- Processes reservations for the museum’s timed entry and issues tickets
- Handles cash, check, and charge transactions
- Provides information about Fort Monroe’s history
- Provides information to visitors about exploring the old fort and its unique history
- Assists with tours
- Helps administer the visitor experience operation on general admission days and for public programs and special events, as needed
- Track and record daily attendance
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- At least one year of customer service experience (preferably in a museum setting)
- Must possess excellent customer service skills; work well with a diverse group of colleagues
- Be flexible to the changing needs of each day, and have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment while providing a quality visitor experience
- Computer skills are essential
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to the ticketing and customer relationship software
- Parts of the position require some physical labor (moving of brochure boxes chairs, tables, etc.), and conducting visitor operations outdoors
At the Fort Monroe Authority, we are committed to creating and sustaining an agency culture affirming and respecting diversity. We aim to recruit, develop and retain talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Fort Monroe Authority is committed to employing inclusive practices in our daily operations and is proud to be an EEO workplace and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, national origin and religion or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply online at indeed.com and include a cover letter.