Job Listing: Visitor Experience Navigator
Children's Museum of Richmond - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open Until Filled
Position Title – Visitor Experience Navigator
Salary - $10.30/Hour
Full Job Description
Our Downtown location is searching for Visitor Experience Navigators for shifts Thursday through Sunday. These part-time positions are responsible for providing a safe and enjoyable experience for guests in the museum. The ideal candidate must be outgoing and enthusiastic and enjoy working with children and families. Customer service must be a priority. Major responsibilities include sanitization of exhibits and the building, engaging and responding to guests and maintaining safety protocols. Masks and gloves will be provided.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Providing a point-of-contact for guests
· Interacting with all visitors in a friendly, professional manner, with exemplary customer service delivery
· Responding to guest questions, concerns, and comments
· Facilitating activities for guests
· Guest safety and security
· Maintaining cleaning protocols including cleaning restrooms throughout the day, including but not limited to; emptying trash, sanitizing and cleaning exhibits and manipulatives throughout the day, mopping floors
Experience working in Customer Service or cleaning service. Candidate must be flexible.
· Energized, enthusiastic, and focused on providing world-class customer service.
· Strong collaboration skills with peers, visitors, other staff, and volunteers.
· Strong verbal communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Able to manage complexity in problem solving and arrive at appropriate solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to run a cash register.
· Ability to track and exchange money and handle cash quickly and accurately.
· Understanding of facilitated educational experiences in an informal setting is helpful.
· Weekend and evening and holiday work may be required.
The Children's Museum inspires growth in all children by engaging families in learning through play. At all locations of the Children's Museum, we inspire growth by engaging families in the power of play, knowing that everyone can learn more—and learn better—when they play together.
The Children’s Museum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniform service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal and/or state law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.30 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
For more info and to apply, CLICK HERE.