Job Listing: Visitor Experience & Collections Manager
Loudoun Museum - Leesburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Visitor Experience & Collections Manager
Salary - $20.00/hour
Job Type - Full-Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 40 hours; requires regular weekend work
Salary: $20 per hour
Position Objective: The Visitor Experience Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring an exceptional visitor experience that supports the Museum’s mission and is aligned with its strategic objectives. S/he provides strong leadership and supervision for all frontline volunteers/staff. This person will also work to inventory the museum collections, working with items on loan, and rotation of items in the collection on display.
• Supervise frontline services by volunteers and interns, including front desk, group visits, educational programs, and special events.
• Supervises and performs accurate daily cash transactions for sales and other programs. Reconciles daily cash, completes appropriate reports, and submits admissions income.
• Manages volunteers, interns, and staff related to frontline and collections work.
• Manages the administration of the reception and visitor information areas including brochures, signage, and other information systems as needed.
• Develops monthly reports on visitation and responds to additional requests for special reports as requested.
• Participates in museum events and programs as necessary, which may include set-up assistance, event hosting, supervising an event function, creating signage, and directing volunteers.
• Will take a role in maintaining the museum collection, both offsite and in the museum.
• Will work on a collection inventory and be responsible for primary care and organization of the collection, under the direction of the Executive Director.
• Is responsible for items and associated paperwork loaned to the Museum and Museum objects on loan to other organizations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree with focus on History, Public History, Museum Studies or other similar background.
• Presentation skills and time management.
• Experience working with historical collections.
• Proven experience of encouraging high standards of visitor care.
• Ability to manage volunteers, staff, and interns.
• Flexible approach to working as part of a team.
This is an hourly position for 40 hours per week. The employee will accrue 3.5 hours of annual leave 2.0 hours of sick leave per pay period.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume with three references to email@example.com. The position is open until filled.