Job Listing: Visitor Center Associate
Patrick Henry’s Red Hill- Brookneal, VA
Open until filled
Position Title: Visitor Center Associate (Part-time)
Visitor Center Associates greet each guest that visits Patrick Henry’s Red Hill and provide all visitors with an excellent experience while on the grounds. This position requires a love for Patrick Henry, his life, legacy, and Red Hill that can be observed by those who travel here.
- Be a positive representative of Patrick Henry’s Red Hill.
- Greet each guest on-site in a welcoming and warm way.
- Punctually unlock the historic buildings and Visitor Center before opening.
- Provide excellent customer service to each visitor for the duration of their visit.
- Show and teach each guest about artifacts in the museum, the timeline and history surrounding Patrick Henry in the Orientation Room, and information about the map of the historic grounds.
- Help to answer questions about Patrick Henry’s life and legacy or direct guests to someone who can provide an answer.
- Accept payment via Point-of-Sale and Square for both purchases in the gift shop and admissions.
- Monitor gift shop stock and resupply products on the shelf as they sell out.
- Perform light cleaning of the gift shop and office as needed.
- Assist with the additional needs of the office staff, especially surrounding special events and activities.
- Continuously learn more about Patrick Henry and Red Hill through reading and research while on duty.
- Help with additional duties as needed, upon request of fellow colleagues.
A post-secondary degree is not required for this position, though verifiable experience in a public history setting is preferred. Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license. Must be able to work weekends and some holidays.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and must be confident in speaking to large and small groups of varying ages, including children. A desire to work with the public and share about Patrick Henry’s life and legacy are required. Must be willing and able to work well in a team setting. Punctuality and basic computer skills are a necessity.
Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Must be able to speak articulately and clearly to large groups. Hours will be flexible, though candidates must be able to work weekends and some holidays. This is a part-time position.
How to apply:
Please send a resume and CV (if applicable) to Mrs. Caitlin Pieper at email@example.com