Job Listing: Videography and Marketing Coordinator
Taubman Museum of Art - Roanoke, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Videography and Marketing Coordinator
Salary - To be determined.
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply, click here.
The Videography and Marketing Coordinator is creative, enthusiastic, organized, and highly skilled in film and videography along with strong skills in still photography and motion graphics.
This team member will play a pivotal role in the execution of video projects and will be responsible for working with the Marketing department to conceptualize and execute projects for the purposes of engaging the community on-site, off-site, and virtually while marketing a wide range of exhibitions, programs, and events.
As a member of the Marketing team, this individual will provide creative input and direction to help elevate the end deliverables. This individual continuously seeks new techniques for the purpose of creating content that is community-centric, engaging, and relevant. This position will be responsible for assisting the department with organizing, implementing, and tracking marketing campaigns.
The position reports to the Deputy Director of Marketing and Human Resources and works closely with the Marketing and Graphic Design Coordinator, along with key senior leadership team members, the Community Engagement team, Exhibitions team, and Development team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
· Collaborate with internal departments on various assignments, bringing key ideas and concepts to life in the form of videos and/or photographs; includes moderately complex storytelling
· Identify engaging and original ideas that tell the Museum’s story in an interesting and powerful way
- Photograph, tape, and edit to tell dynamic visual stories, providing engaging learning opportunities for viewers
- Manage the design and production of videos from ideation, messaging, and storyboarding to final finished product
· Identify opportunities to maximize the Museum's online presence through video storytelling
· Craft material that is consistent with the strategy and goals of the Marketing Department, while aligning messaging to the Museum's mission and strategic plan
· Capture still photographs and videos at selected internal and external (outreach) events; events may include late nights, weekends, and holidays depending on Museum needs
· Manage media by importing and backing up all media files
· Create visually compelling videos for museum exhibitions, programs, and events for a wide spectrum of audiences to inform and inspire ongoing engagement
· Demonstrate enthusiasm to explore new trends and incorporate them into the marketing strategy
· Maintain knowledge of best practices and a strong understanding of emerging video trends
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the marketing department’s activities
- Support the marketing team and all departments in organizing and implementing marketing projects while maintaining brand standards and style
- Design marketing materials such as motion graphics, videos, virtual tours, social media posts, web pages, and more
- Compose and post online content to the website and social media accounts
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather, analyze and report on important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Support organization of and participation in promotional events
- Communicate directly with Museum partners and vendors to coordinate marketing activities such as filming/taping, photography, etc.
- Assist in maintaining Marketing Department’s production schedule in coordination with Graphic Design and Marketing Coordinator and Deputy Director of Marketing and Human Resources
- Attend meetings, info sessions, and webinars as necessary/as time allows
- Regular on-site attendance Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m., with some nights/weekends/holidays as Museum needs arise
- Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience managing the design and production of videos from ideation, messaging, and storyboarding to final finished product
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in film, videography, photography, marketing, motion graphic design, and social media
- Strong creative, analytical, and organizational skills
- Computer literacy in processing and graphics programs such as but not limited to Apple Mac hardware/software, the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (particularly Premiere Pro and Photoshop), Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Matterport (preferred) and more
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team as an eager collaborator
· Possess a strong work ethic and willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to multi-task while still delivering quality work in an efficient manner with an extremely high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Ability to interact well with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Keep top-of-mind the Museum’s desired image, reputation, and position when communicating with all constituencies, both internal and external
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a creative, fast-paced, changing environment with input from a number of key stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new technology and build new skills to meet the Museum’s strategic marketing needs
- A positive, can-do attitude with excellent people skills
Training, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in film, videography, marketing, graphic design, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience working in film, videography, marketing, graphic design, or related field
- Strong background in social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok
- Strong audio/visual experience with ability to use a range of cameras for video and photo
Must be available to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends as needed. May work remotely with supervisor approval.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Must be able to stand, walk, and sit; ability to use hands and/or fingers, reaching with hands and arms; must be able to talk and hear; ability to occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, and crouch required; must have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds as needed; must be able to see up close and have distance vision and have the ability to focus; must be able to work in a moderate to loud noise- level office environment.
Taubman Museum of Art is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class. Taubman Museum of Art is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Taubman Museum of Art is Committed to Creating a Diverse Environment:
At the Taubman Museum of Art, we each contribute to inclusion—we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviors, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same.
In turn, our inclusive culture inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our culture of inclusion empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift