Job Listing: Tourism Coordinator
Gloucester Parks, Recreation & Tourism - Gloucester, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Tourism Coordinator
Salary - $46,247 +/- Depending on Qualifications
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply: click here
Under general supervision, performs work in all aspects of a comprehensive tourism program for Gloucester County, attracting tourists to the County for its historical and other assets. Employee will work with local businesses and other tourism representatives to promote visitation. Employee must exercise tact and courtesy in frequent contact with volunteers, employees, business representatives, agency representatives, and the general public.
Employee reports to the Recreation & Tourism Manager.
Example of Duties
- Creates and/or directs the creation of marketing media, including brochures, posters, flyers, print and web advertisements, and social media. Maintain and periodically update County’s Tourism website and social media accounts.
- Plans and arranges distribution and placement of marketing items; routinely assesses inventory throughout sites for restocking or removal. Selects and recommends placement and evaluates the effectiveness of distribution locations.
- Provides input on tourism budget recommendations to the Recreation & Tourism Manager for the annual operating budget; researches availability of and assists with grant applications.
- Routinely meets with business and other tourism representatives to share information in order to better promote Gloucester as a tourism destination. Explores opportunities to expand tourism assets and information services.
- Serves as staff support for Tourism Advisory Committee and prepares meeting agendas. Represents Gloucester County at tourism related workshops, seminars and meetings. Reads various professional journals and other literature to enhance and maintain knowledge of trends and developments in the tourism industry.
- Makes presentations to local civic, business, historical, and cultural groups regarding Gloucester’s tourism efforts and to solicit volunteers. Supports local and regional events that impact tourism. Works with other Tourism staff to accommodate school and other group tours of historic buildings. Provides up-to-date information for local event calendars, Virginia Tourism Corporation website, and other travel-related websites.
- Provides training programs and familiarization trips for employees of tourism-related businesses (program development, speaker solicitation, development of training materials).
- Prepares a variety of analytical studies, reports, manuals and related information to include regular financial and visitation reports.
Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing, tourism, or closely related field.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a tourism-related position. Or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.