Job Listing: Tour & Programs Coordinator
MAYMONT - RICHMOND, VA
Open until filled
The Maymont Tour and Program Coordinator is responsible for the daily operation of Maymont for public tours, historical school classes, and booked groups and children’s based programs. He/she facilitates the daily operations of the guest reception desks and provides support for the front desk staff and docents. The Tour and Program Coordinator coordinates, assists and conducts group tours, historical school programs, birthday parties, Girl Scout programs and other programs and events. He/she participates in planning and coordination and implementation of special interpretation, programs, events, school programs, and other activities of the department. The Tour Coordinator provides excellent customer service and promotes the positive work environment for staff and volunteers.
- The job will be split 75% mansion duties, 25% general tours management.
- Coordinates daily operation of public tours.
- Helps promote all Maymont tours, recruits participation for all tours; coordinates tours with other tour providers.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the front desks and assists with front desk support as needed.
- Conducts general tours, school programs, outdoor tours of the estate, special focus tours, children’s programs and other programs and events.
- Schedules docents for daily tours.
- Takes reservations for historical programs and events and coordinates communication with program participants.
- Creates group tour and school program bookings; assists with the coordination and cultivation of group tours; and coordinates post tour evaluations and mailing list database.
- Assists with coordination and implementation of birthday parties and Girl Scout programs; coordinates post-registration communications and program preparations.
- Fosters a positive work environment that encourages volunteerism; assists with volunteer activities, recruitment, and docent training.
- Participates in planning, coordination, and implementation of public programs, school programs, group tours, special interpretation, and educational events; assists with revising and creating new school programs and outreach programs.
- Coordinates with Program Registration Assistant to promote programs through Maymont’s Master Calendar and Raiser’s Edge databases.
- Develops monthly numbers reports of attendance, donations and program fees.
- Develops quarterly visitor survey reports including quantitative information and summaries of qualitative information.
- Assists with other activities and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History, History, Museum Studies, Education, or related area;
- 1-3 years museum/historic site experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Experienced and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office required and working knowledge of Point of Sale and Raiser’s Edge systems preferred
- Desire to work with children, the public and museum volunteers required
- Proven ability to create and implement engaging programming
- Teaching experience and/or public history or historic site interpretation background preferred
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings
Job Type: Full-time