Job Listing: Summer Studio Technician
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts - Richmond, VA
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Summer Studio Technician.
The primary responsibility of this role is to assist staff with the youth and teen summer studio camps and classes.
Duration: Twenty-one (22) weeks; April 15, 2021 – September 18, 2021.
Salary: $14.50 hour
Closes: March 22
Summer Studio Technician duties include:
- Plan and facilitate the Connect-a-Camp program for summer camps, while adhering to COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Help instructors gather supplies for summer camps, as needed.
- Be responsible for general studio maintenance and safety, supply inventory, and organization.
- Help direct and supervise interns.
- Assist with audio visual needs (e.g. hook-up laptops, projectors, iPads, etc.).
- Assist in camp COVID-19 screening check-in/check-out and other camp procedures, as needed.
- Assist the Youth & Family Studio Programs Coordinator and Educator, as needed.
- Collect artworks for a student show.
- Perform administrative duties (e.g. updating documents, filing forms, and collecting surveys).
- Experience teaching and/or supervising children in an educational setting.
- Experience working with a wide variety of art materials, tools, and supplies.
- Knowledge of a wide range of studio art disciplines, of art history, and of art and museum education theories and practices for youth audiences.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to teach and communicate with youths of all ages and backgrounds.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work Monday through Friday and occasional weekends.
- Completed coursework in education, museum studies, child development, or art history or equivalent experience or training.
- Experience with VMFA Summer Studio Programs, or with a similar summer arts program.
- First Aid & CPR Certification
Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Please submit three (3) references. Provide full name, phone number and email address.
Professional references are preferred. Other reference types will also receive consideration. References should be able to attest to your knowledge, skills, and abilities, especially qualifications relevant to the position for which you are applying.
Online applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on March 22, 2021. Please contact the HR office at (804) 340-1485 if you need assistance. Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is an EEO/AA, Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Employer.
Click here to apply for this position: