Job Listing: Special Event Supervisor
CHRYSLER MUSEUM OF ART - NORFOLK, VA
The Special Event Supervisor (Par-time) provides coordination and supervision of events while serving as the primary contact/liaison between Lessee and event personnel on the day of the event.
Facilitates the logistics of rental and other Museum events on the day of the event. Serves as the Manager on Duty during events.
- Provides coordination and supervision of events while serving as the primary contact/liaison between Lessee and event personnel on the day of the event.
- Coordinates with vendors and internal staff to be sure work orders are executed correctly.
- Ensures compliance with Museum policies and procedures while providing the highest level of service to Lessees.
- Assists with inventory and other maintenance needs within the Events department.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
High School diploma or equivalent is required, BA/BS preferred. Previous work experience in customer service and/or hospitality is required. Event management experience is strongly preferred, as is experience with theatre equipment.
Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent communications skills. Must have a serious work ethic coupled with sound judgment, and be willing to “roll up the sleeves” to do what is needed in situations while also maintaining a “big picture” strategic view and a positive attitude. Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple, competing priorities.
The hours for this position will vary week to week based on the schedule of events, work will include evening and weekend hours.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 lbs, including up and down stairs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.