Job listing: Social Media Specialist
MUSEUM OF THE SHENANDOAH VALLEY - WINCHESTER, VA
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Closes April 26
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley has an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Specialist. This new position will maintain and expand the MSV’s social media strategy with the goal of improving and increasing the interactivity of the MSV experience on site and online while creating an image for the Museum that is innovative, professional, and approachable. The Social Media Specialist will assist the MSV Media Manager to produce new innovative, user-friendly content for the web site, update and maintain all major online profiles, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Trip Advisor, and others.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* 1-3 years of related experience.
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, History, Museum Studies, or related program.
* In-depth knowledge of various social media applications including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat with ability to tailor message to users of each.
* Interest in new social media platforms and ability to learn the best way to maximize their use.
* An understanding of recent trends in social media branding, relationship marketing, and use of analytics to track campaign success.
* Ability to work with Google Analytics.
* Professional writing proficiency.
* Strong communication skills and project management experience with finely-tuned attention to detail, interpersonal skills, excellent writing skills, the ability to function as a team member, and the ability to think proactively in a creative environment.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, adhere to aggressive production schedules and budgets, actively participate in creative brainstorms, and display a proactive approach to project management.
* Proficient photography skills.
* Experience with Photoshop and video editing a plus.
* Flexibility and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
The MSV offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance; paid vacation, sick and holidays; retirement plan and more.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEA