Job Listing: Reservations Coordinator
Virginia Living Museum - Newport News, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Reservations Coordinator
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
General Statement of Duties
The Reservations Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the reservations for school and public programs. This position leads the Virginia Living Museum’s reservations process to help support the Guest Experience Department in admission and revenue goals while enhancing each guest experience. This position recognizes the capacity to achieve greater results by integrating skilled volunteers and leveraging their diverse knowledge and abilities. The Reservations Coordinator reports directly the Guest Experience Director.
- High school graduate with some college credits preferred.
- Two years in museum reservations or equivalent experience handling fluid scheduling.
- Outgoing, friendly and confident personality who enjoys working with people and is committed to providing exceptional customer service and guest experiences. Ability to communicate enthusiasm for the museum and its programs.
- Self-motivated with minimum supervision and detail oriented. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to gracefully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to interact with a wide variety of people in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Must demonstrate good judgement, discretion, and discernment.
- Must be able to remain calm and give clear direction in an emergency situation.
- Excellent word processing skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, database experience a plus.
- Familiarity with a ticket selling program, knowledge with Altru is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a positive, enthusiastic representative of the Virginia Living Museum.
- Outgoing, friendly, service oriented. Able to communicate enthusiasm for the museum and its programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of reservations by phone, email, and in person for school, public, and homeschool programs.
- Track monthly and annual museum attendance statistics and prepare reports as requested.
- Prepare invoices and track payments.
- Maintain and distribute reservations program calendars.
- Prepare and email confirmations and program information packets.
- Coordinate and update Altru database system, as needed.
- Schedule museum room use (internal and external) in google and maintain room calendars.
- Assist Guest Services with group check ins and provide instructions for taking a variety of walk up and phone reservations.
- Coordinate online “contact us” email requests sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by replying or forwarding to the appropriate department.
- Provide administrative and office support for Guest Experience and Education Staff.
- Update and maintain Reservations Office Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Strategically utilizes and manages volunteers and their applicable skills to strengthen the Museum’s mission and commitment to the community
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Physical requirements include medium work, must be able to lift up to 30lbs comfortably
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, and utilize repetitive motions
Supervision Exercised: None
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This position, Reservation Coordinator will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate Supervisor/Director. The Virginia Living Museum reserves the right to update, revise or change the job description and related duties at any time.