Job Listing: Public Relations Manager
Preservation Virginia, Richmond, VA
Position title: Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for coordinating Preservation Virginia’s marketing and public relations program. The manager will implement the comprehensive marketing and public relations plan for the organization, which includes electronic and print communications, media relations, advertising, promotions and community outreach with the purpose of increasing public awareness of Preservation Virginia’s programs and services and supporting the earned income capacity of the organization. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Public Relations Manager will work closely with the Directors of Museum Operations and Preservation Initiatives and Engagement, and coordinate with the development team on messaging and audience.
Reporting Supervisor: Director of Development
Duties for the position include:
- Implement the organization’s comprehensive marketing and public relations plan;
- Coordinate production of the organization’s collateral materials including brochures, postcards, specialty stationary, and invitations.
- Manage organization’s website and multi-platform social media program to increase awareness of the organization’s mission and influence; this includes monitoring compliance to branding guidelines, ways to support increased participation and revenue opportunities.
- Assist all departments and core sites with the promotion of programs and events through the coordination of print and promotion needs.
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure consistency in message and graphic image for all external communications.
- Manage media relations and disseminate complete and timely information to print and electronic news outlets; respond to requests for information from news media ensuring press coverage for activities, conferences and programs; prepare press releases and PSA’s; schedule media interviews for the CEO or appropriate staff.
- Promote the programs of the organization through appropriate paid and unpaid means.
- Assist the Development Department with print and promotion needs as necessary.
- Attend weekly staff and department team meetings.
- Contribute to the effort to build a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience in marketing and public relations. Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to work with and motivate other professionals and volunteers. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with particular attention to editing and accuracy. Ability to self-start and work independently with little supervision. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite including Publisher. Experience with multiple social media platforms and MailChimp or other email marketing program. Familiarity with photo and video editing software a bonus.
Position is a full-time, salaried position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Preservation Virginia offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes, Medical, Health Savings Account with employer contribution, Dental, Life, Short & Long Term Disability, 403(b) plan with an employer match, paid time off and holiday pay.
Send resume with cover letter and three writing samples to email@example.com or by mail to Preservation Virginia, 204 West Franklin St. Richmond VA 23220. No phone calls please. EOE.