Job Listing: PT Visitor Engagement Associate
Menokin Foundation - Warsaw, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title –Visitor Engagement Associate
Salary - $15.00/hour
Job Type - Part-Time
Menokin is seeking a part time Visitor Engagement Associate who will primarily lead 1-hour long Landscape Tours for visitors. The Visitor Engagement Associate will also serve as the main front-of-house staff person at the Visitors Center. They will greet visitors and provide orientation, answer questions, monitor the phones, and handle gift shop sales. In addition, they will track visitors and their activities to ensure accurate visitation reporting. They may also assist with on-site public and school programs, including field days and group tours.
This is a part time position working primarily Thursday through Saturday, up to 18 hours per week (with the possibility of additional hours if needed). The Visitor Engagement Associate will receive training and materials, including a tour script. They will report to the Director of Visitor and Community Engagement. Career advancement and professional development opportunities will be provided.
Compensation: $15/hour, part time position
Required Qualifications and Skills
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong public speaking skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, especially with groups
- Ability to work outside in different weather conditions
- Comfortable facilitating meaningful conversations related to current events and their connections to Menokin’s history.
- Enthusiasm about Menokin’s mission and organizational values.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Coursework or relevant experience in fields such as history, public history, museum studies, archaeology, architecture, and historic preservation.
- Customer service experience, including point of sale transactions.
COVID-19 considerations: At this time, staff and visitors must comply with Virginia state mandates and wear a mask inside any buildings and during tours. Menokin provides cleaning supplies and masks to staff. Menokin monitors changes to state mandates and regional cases, and will modify its operations when necessary.
Email resume and cover letter to Juliana Grassia at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; position is open until filled.