Job Listing: Project Manager 1
Job Title: Project Manager I
Job Location: Fairfax, VA
Job Posting #: PMIVA-2019
SEARCH is the largest archaeology and cultural resources management company in the world, and SEARCH2O is the largest underwater archaeology program. Specializing in mega infrastructure projects and emergency response on land and water, SEARCH delivers high capacity cultural resource services directly to every region in the US and globally. Since 1993, SEARCH has completed more than 3,500 projects across 44 US states and 37 countries spanning five continents and three oceans. Commercial and government customers in the Energy & Power, Defense, Federal, Transportation, and Development markets have selected SEARCH for more than $300M in Prime contracts and $2.3B in Team contracts. SEARCH specializes in the full spectrum of cultural services related to Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History, Archives, Collections Management, Museum Services, GIS, Documentary Media, and Public Affairs. SEARCH’s staff of 200 employees work from 20 US and Guam offices to conduct 300 projects per year and deploy 20 or more field teams per week; SEARCH has the immediate capacity to exceed client and compliance requirements especially in regard to critical deadlines, high-profile missions, and remote deployments.
SEARCH has an immediate opening for a full-time Project Manager to join our Museum Services division. Candidates must be independent and project-focused, detail-oriented and organized, and able to work competently on simultaneous tasks while meeting multiple deadlines. This position will require working in a team environment, working independently, and working closely with clients and/or their representatives.
This position will be based in our Fairfax, VA office. The position will occasionally require overnight travel to collections, museums, curation facilities, and laboratories throughout the US.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Maintain the highest professional image for our clients, coworkers, media, and general public;
- Manage time and tasks independently, meeting deadlines with accuracy and completeness;
- Exercise independent judgment, discretion, and decision-making on behalf of the company for the benefit of clients and co-workers;
- Manage, oversight, and coordination of museum exhibit design staff and the completion of all museum exhibit design work;
- Continuously communicate project goals and schedules to staff and client;
- Participate in staff and supervisor meetings;
- Participate in client meetings;
- Prepare reports according to state and federal standards and the terms of the contract;
- Provide editorial quality control; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Museum Studies or related field;
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in managing museum projects with familiarity of national quality museum design projects;
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Access;
- Extensive experience with Adobe Acrobat, including document conversion and development;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; and
- Previous experience in a Federal Government setting or government contractor;
- Cover letter
- Minimum of three Professional References
Other Important Need-to-Know Information
- This position will be based out of Fairfax, VA.
- Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the United States.
- The position requires travel.
- SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health and wellness and retirement plans.
- Pay is commensurate with education and experience.
- SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish
- SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
- SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory verification of criminal, education, driving, and/or employment background checks, as well as passing results from a pre-employment drug screen