Job Listing: Postdoctoral Fellowship (Remote)
George Washington's Mount Vernon - Mount Vernon, VA
Closes - April 15, 2021
Position Title – Postdoctoral Fellowship (Remote)
Salary - $58,500 annually
For more info and to apply, CLICK HERE.
- Co-develop ARGO’s new digital architecture
- Liaise with a hired development team contracted for ARGO’s frontend development
- Coordinate with contributing partner institutions and assist in the selection of relevant archival materials, which may involve some travel
- Curate and write original interpretive content
- Present on ARGO and its content to professional and general audiences
- Degree requirements. One of the following qualifications, likely earned, within the past five years:
- (Preferred) A Ph.D. in History, Geography, History of Science, American Studies, Library and Information Science, or a related field.
- (Possible) A MLIS or MLS degree specializing in History, Geography/Cartography, Rare Books, or Digital Humanities
- Topical expertise. The candidate should demonstrate scholarly expertise in one of the following fields, or a closely related field:
- History of the Atlantic world during the American Revolutionary era
- History of science in the early modern era
- Material and print culture of the Atlantic world
- Historical geography of North America
- History of cartography
- A chronological focus on the eighteenth century
- Project expertise. The candidate should have working experience in one or more of the following domains:
- Digital projects for the public
- Digitally-integrated scholarly research (including computational methods or large-corpus analysis)
- Database design and management
- Public-facing journalism or science communications
- Museum curation or library collections management
- Ability to work in a collaborative, remote digital environment
- Cover letter stating their interest in the project and their research interests.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A scholarly writing sample of no more than 10,000 words.
- A writing sample aimed at a public audience of no more than 1,000 words.
- Evidence of successful digital history/humanities work.
- List of three professional references who can speak to the desired qualifications, including email and telephone contact details.