Job Listing: Part-Time Marketing Coordinator and Event Planner
VIGINIA QUILT MUSEUM - HARRISONBURG, VA
The Virginia Quilt Museum is hiring for a Part-Time Marketing Coordinator and Event Planner. The Virginia Quilt Museum was founded in 1995 and is the Official Quilt Museum of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Charged with a mission of “celebrating and nurturing Virginia's quilting heritage," the Museum offers three floors of rotating, curated gallery space. Each round of exhibits features quilts from the Museum’s collection as well as traveling exhibitions. Heirloom quilts, contemporary quilts and art quilts are also typically featured simultaneously, allowing our visitors the chance to marvel at the extreme variety of styles, techniques, and themes present in quilts.
The Part-Time Marketing Coordinator and Event Planner will be responsible for creating and maintaining digital and print marketing content and materials, website management and social media presence. Also responsible for coordinating events including: planning, designing and managing event details under project guidelines. Must have excellent verbal, writing and editing skills: English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary. The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with attention to detail and timeliness. An ability to effectively use judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. Excel at building relationships and work collaboratively with Museum staff and volunteers and attend staff meetings. Excellent communication, effective listening, and interpersonal skills a must. Will work closely with the Executive Director and Events Committee. Must work at the museum 20-25 hours per week, including events which will occur on the weekends and after hours and one Saturday per month.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, design, and update website.
- Create and design high quality digital and print marketing content for brochures, promotions, advertisements, etc.; manage ordering process.
- Proactive in meeting important deadlines.
- Be highly organized.
- Build, design and gather content for digital newsletter sent out monthly.
- Update all brochures as needed; create flyers, rack cards, press releases, community calendars, and reach out to quilt guilds, museums, historical societies, and national quilt shows.
- Identify and recommend implementation of digital and/or social media tools as needed.
- Educate internal and external staff on the implementation of new technologies.
- Stay current with all social media industry and best practices.
- Be willing to work with students, volunteers, committees, and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Non-Profit experience is preferred.
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate detailed contracts prior to securing any venue.
- Propose ideas to improve event quality.
- Organize facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to promote and publicize venue.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations; provide feedback and reports to management.
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Online and print marketing experience required.
- Proven experience as an events coordinator or organizer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and technologies.
- Self-starter, adaptable, flexible, a good listener, and willing to learn.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications required.
- Working knowledge of MS Publisher, Canva, and Constant Contact required.
- Pay starts at $15.00 per hour.
Send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than _____________.