Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, Williamsburg, VA
There are five internships. Interns will be paid $10 an hour.
The Intern C, Teacher Institute serves as support for the Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Institute program. Provides assistance in planning, implementation, logistical support, and completion of weekly onsite teacher development workshops.
- Assists in organizing, managing, transporting and caring for Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Institute educational materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Assists Colonial Williamsburg historical interpreters in moving teachers from various interpretive sessions and programs.
- Assists staff with instructional sessions for teachers during Teacher Institute weeks.
- Assists a coordinator with primary logistics, as assigned: lodging assignments/confirmations, meals arrangements/confirmations, airport transportation arrangements/confirmations, or weekly staff and participant schedule creation.
- Assists with orientating teachers to the physical layout of the Historic Area and the Teacher Institute program
- Reconfirms historical interpreters’ schedules, classroom space, meals, hotel and transportation reservations, and admission tickets.
- Assembles educational materials and AV equipment.
- Records information for evaluative and marketing purposes.
- Assists with research for developing new educational materials for teachers.
- Computer Data Entry (records registrations and evaluations).
- Provide photos and group feedback for Teacher Professional Development reports and marketing.
- Enhances the Teacher Institute experience by providing feedback to staff about the program.
- Provides excellent customer service to Teacher Institute participants.
- College student with a concentration in history or education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in teaching or historical study and work.
- Availability to meet variable program schedules (8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., weekends included)
- Computer word processing experience.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds (such as, educational materials, equipment and supplies)
Please apply online at www.colonialwilliamsburg.org/careers.