Job Listing: Operations Manager
BRANCH MUSEUM OF ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN - RICHMOND, VA
The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design is seeking an Operations Manager (OM) who will be in direct charge of daily operations and will be required to perform a wide range of tasks associated with managing the business of The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design.
The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design is a small museum (a 501(c)3 Corporation) which owns and operates The Branch House, a 1919 John Russell Pope house located on historic Monument Avenue, Richmond, Virginia.
Manages The Branch’s internal operations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations. Works with the Finance Committee in preparing an annual budget for Branch House and ensures that operations remain within budget guidelines. Recruits and manages events, visitor services and facilities staff, interns, docents and volunteers in conformance with current HR laws and regulations.
Manage the Museum’s property, the historic Branch House on Monument Avenue. Oversees the restoration and preservation of historic Branch House and any collections objects. Sources appropriate vendors and restoration specialists and works with the Facilities Manager to schedule maintenance and repair work. Manages the tenant rental units located in the house.
Supports and facilitates the Board’s strategic vision. Helps identify and set priorities for long and short term operational and programming goals and monitors progress
Maintain current knowledge of issues and standards within the Museum and Historic Preservation Fields. Work with both the Facilities and Rehabilitation Committees to ensure The Branch House is managed in accordance with Preservation and museum standards respectively. Oversee revision of Collections Plan to meet today's standards and SEHA's current needs.
Assists Executive Director as assigned.
- 4-year degree
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, working with a small and committed staff in a mutually supportive organization
- Ability to understand and analyze written and financial information.
- Professionalism and ability to work with confidential information a priority
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in museum management and historic preservation a must
- The OM is directly supervised by the Executive Director.
- The OM Supervises PT Bookkeeper, Events Director, Visitor Services Coordinator, and Facilities Manager.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Penny Fletcher, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design, 2501 Monument Avenue, Richmond, VA 23220