Job Listing: Office Assiststant
ST. LUKE'S HISTORIC CHURCH & MUSEUM - SMITHFIELD, VA
Open until filled
Salary:Part time 24 - 30 hours per week at $11 per hour
Title: Office Assistant
Historic St. Luke’s Restoration, doing business as St. Luke’s Historic Church & Museum, in Smithfield, Virginia. HSLR interprets the early American pursuits of religious freedom and separation of church and state as imbued in the 1st Amendment of U.S. Constitution. HSL stewards and exhibits the church building, local artifacts, and stories that are important in explaining the Site’s place in U.S. history. HSLR is a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit education and cultural history institution and does not receive any federal, state, or
Purpose: We are seeking a highly organized office assistant to assist with daily administrative operations. The
office assistant will work closely with other members of the administrative team providing support in a variety
of areas. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who possesses excellent organizational and time
management skills. The office assistant must also be committed to providing outstanding customer service.
1. Associates degree or equivalent experience.
2. Experience as an office assistant or equivalent experience in a related field.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Must demonstrate computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office Suite and other database systems
for office management. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
5. Experience in retail store management or related field a plus.
6. Must be available to work occasional weekends to assist with events with advance notice.
7. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
8. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently when required.
1. Handling incoming telephone calls and other communications.
2. Greeting visitors and guests as needed.
3. Assisting customers in the gift shop by processing sales and answering general questions.
4. Utilizing office equipment such as the photocopier and the computer. Must be comfortable with word
processing, data entry, and research tasks, etc.
5. Receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; photocopying
6. Assists Sales & Services Manager with inventory management and merchandise ordering.
7. Assisting with event coordination as necessary.
8. Maintaining supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements;
reporting shortages; verifying receipt of orders; stocking items; delivering supplies to appropriate team
members. Helping to organize and maintain office common areas.
9. Performing other general office clerk duties, errands as needed and other office and/or clerical duties as
TO APPLY: Please submit interest letter, resume, and three professional references via email to Kymberly Cardullo, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com with subject of “Office Assistant.” No phone calls please.