Job Listing: Museum Services Coordinator
Morven Park - Leesburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Museum Services Coordinator
Salary - Based on experience.
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Morven Park is a non-profit 1,000-acre historic property in Loudoun County, Virginia, hosting three museums, a robust civics education programs, and a world-class equestrian center. Morven Park’s Preservation & History department is responsible for the care, preservation, and interpretation of the Davis Mansion and Winmill Carriage Museum. To learn more, visit www.MorvenPark.org.
As a member of the Preservation & History department, reporting to the Director of Preservation & History, the Museum Services Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of the museums at Morven Park.
This is a full-time exempt position with a competitive benefits package. The position’s schedule is expected to align with the museums’ operations and will typically require a Thursday through Monday work week.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Director of Preservation & History in the recruitment, hiring, and evaluation of the museum’s interpretive team.
- Collaborates with the Director of Preservation & History to create training materials, onboarding processes, and continuing education opportunities for the museum interpretive team.
- Manages the administration of the Visitor Center including brochures, signage, admission policies, visitor counts, and the point-of-sale system.
- Performs all daily museum opening and closing tasks.
- Manages the group tour program including responding to group tour requests, creating invoices, processing payments, confirming bookings, and reviewing policies.
- Schedules interpretive team for daily tours, group tours, and special tours or programs.
- Leads tours of the Davis Mansion and Winmill Carriage Museum.
- Works with the Preservation & History department team to develop, test, implement, and evaluate new tours and public programs.
- Assists the Preservation & History and Marketing team in producing relevant and creative content for Morven Park’s social media channels and website.
- Assists in Morven Park events and programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in leading public history tours and/or creating public programs at a museum or cultural institution.
- Knowledge of museum interpretation practices and proven ability to apply that knowledge in creating or leading engaging public programs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, manage, and coach employees or volunteers.
- Able to collaborate with a wide variety of individuals and organizations.
- Strong communication skills and a passion for history.
- Pleasant and friendly demeanor.
- Positive approach to problem-solving, new tasks, and collaborative projects.
- A degree in History, Museum Studies, or allied field and five or more years of experience in the museum field required. An advanced degree in history, museum studies, or allied field preferred.
Applications: Submit brief cover letter, resume, and references to Employment@MorvenPark.org or apply through our Indeed.com listing.
The Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic or category protected under applicable federal or state law. Equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All employment decisions at the Foundation are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.