Job Listing: Museum Generalist
Stratford Hall - Stratford, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Museum Generalist
Salary - $10-12 an hour depending on experience and education.
Job Type - Part-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Stratford Hall is seeking two dedicated Museum Generalists to join our organization. Responsible for providing quality visitor services to Museum guests; accurate presentation and interpretation of historical grounds, exhibitions, and leads tours of property; assists execution of educational programs (on and off site); other duties as necessary to assist the strategic plan and mission of Stratford Hall.
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
• Museum experience
• Proficient in Microsoft, Google/Chrome-based programs, Sales, and Rediscovery
Skills and Specifications:
• Ability to lift, pull, and carry 25+ pounds.
• Ability to walk extended periods of time and distances.
• Maintain professional behavior with the ability to work with limited supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Must have flexible availability, including weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings.
• $10-12 an hour depending on experience and education.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Dr. Kelley Fanto Deetz, Director of Programming, Education, and Visitor Engagement email@example.com