Job Listing: Museum Frontline Associate, PT
Birthplace of Country Music Museum - Bristol, VA/TN
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Museum Frontline Associate, PT
Salary - Based on experience.
Job Type - Part-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Individuals in this position require excellent customer service skills as they work on the “front line” in the Museum dealing directly with the Museum patrons. It will be their responsibility to sell tickets, to help in The Museum Store, and to generally take all appropriate actions to make sure the Museum experience is optimized for the patrons.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Part Time
- Up to 25 hours per week
- Non-exempt, hourly
- Reports to Museum Manager
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open and close the Museum each day in accordance with established procedures.
- Greet all visitors warmly in a friendly and engaging manner as soon as they enter the Museum; ensure a positive and memorable experience for all visitors.
- Sell admissions, event tickets, memberships, and merchandise and ensure documentation of all sales.
- Serve in The Museum Store as a clerk/salesperson; facilitate store sales by assisting in creating engaging and attractive displays; monitor inventory, restock shelves as appropriate, point out low inventory levels; help keep the store clean, neat, and visually appealing.
- Provide information about the Museum, answer questions, and generally assist patrons in all appropriate ways; serve as a knowledgeable advocate for all activities of the organization.
- Coordinate with sales and education staff to ensure positive group visitation experiences.
- Handle visitor concerns, comments, suggestions and complaints, and communicate those to Museum staff.
- Work as a team with other front line associates to keep all areas, inside and out, clean and refuse-free during Museum operating hours.
- Learn and be prepared to properly react to any emergencies.
- Assist in set-up for special events at the Museum.
- Monitor patrons for adherence to Museum rules and any inappropriate behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability