Job Listing: Museum Events Manager
Marine Corps Heritage Foundation - Triangle, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Museum Events Manager
Salary - up to $70,000/Annually
Job Type - Full-Time
The Museum Events Manager position is responsible for all aspects of Special Events to include marketing, maintaining, and increasing annual sales goals, generating the annual budget, managing staff, and execution of all events within the National Museum of the Marine Corps, Semper Fidelis Memorial Chapel, and Semper Fidelis Memorial Park.
This position also determines and implements effective special event marketing strategies through research, to include but not limited to attending trade shows and networking with other event planners, sell and book all special event spaces, coordinate with the various departments within the National Museum of the Marine Corps staff.
- Develop and implement marketing strategy for all special events at the National Museum of the Marine Corps
- Research, organize, and conduct marketing events and activities to promote special events at the Museum
- Network with event planners, attend trade shows and work with special events organizations to promote hosting special events at the Museum
- Work with trade associations to design creative packages for tour groups
- Market, organize and execute all Summer Concert Series and Holiday Concert events
- Assist with marketing, organizing and execution of the Annual Awards Dinner
- Schedule, staff and manage over 200+ events annually
- Be an advocate and assist each donor with all catering needs
- Implement tracking, follow-up, day of and post-event check lists for special event team usage for all events
- Create reunion group checklists to help the donors plan more efficiently
- Work closely with catering manager in the planning and execution of catered events
- Maintain all special events reports
- Supervise and lead Special Events staff
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
- Manages and oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of departmental staff.
- Reports to Human Resources and Senior Management as needed.
- Provides continuous constructive and timely performance feedback.
- Provides semi-annual performance evaluations.
- Handles or assists with departmental staff conflict resolution.
- Assists with discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Selects, contracts, and oversees contractors for specific needs.
- Supervises each contractor and subcontractor to ensure that work meets quality standards and adheres to specifications.
- 4-year degree in hospitality or a related field
- 8+ years related experience
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- Military protocol or military experience a plus
- Budgeting/reporting experience
- Contract negotiation experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Google Workspace
- Working knowledge of Event Booking or other related special event management software
- Working knowledge of social media platforms for business accounts
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, must be comfortable presenting
- Ability to write clearly and informatively, editing work for spelling and grammar, varying writing style to meet needs
- Highly developed interpersonal and customer relationship management and sales skills
- Professionalism with both internal and external customers
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic, discrete, resourceful, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people, both internal and external
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to initiate and follow through on work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous projects while meeting various deadlines
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
- Proven ability to develop and maintain and positive team environment
- Ability to mentor, train, and provide career path guidance to staff
Marine Corps Heritage Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.