Job Listing: Museum Building Maintainer
Military Aviation Museum - Virginia Beach, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Museum Building Maintainer
Salary - Based on experience.
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Are you looking for a challenging and meaningful career? Then the Military Aviation Museum is for you!
The Military Aviation Museum is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit organization with a mission to restore, display and fly historically significant aircraft to provide an engaging educational experience that will increase visitor understanding of the important role of military aircraft in our nation's history. We are a unique destination with over 60 aircraft on site, housed in several historic buildings from the WWI and WWII eras.
We are currently looking for a full-time Museum Building Maintainer. The Museum Building Maintainer is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the structures on the Military Aviation Museum’s 130-acre campus, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and general maintenance.
- Perform general repair and services in all maintenance related disciplines, including but not limited to carpentry, painting, mechanics, plumbing, electrical, finish work, etc.
- Prioritize work orders through urgent requests and established Museum down times in order to minimize inconveniencing Museum visitors.
- Effective interaction with department directors and managers is required
- Complete any and all assigned preventative maintenance procedures and participate in OSHA/Safety programs within the buildings through awareness in every day job functions
- Oversee the work of independent contractors (HVAC, roofing, electrical, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to use hand tools of the trades related to the position
- Maintain on-going communication with other museum staff members
- Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.)
- Implement and administer inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, and Museum policies as relates to building operations
- Any other projects or assignments as assigned by Director of Operations, or Museum Director.
- Medical Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 2 weeks of annual vacation plus holidays and paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- High School Diploma or GED, or equitable on-the-job experience
- Trade School Certification in any/all of the related field a plus
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in general maintenance of commercial properties
- Must reside in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, or Chesapeake
- Must have reliable transportation, preferably a pick-up truck.
- Must have personal assortment of hand tools related to the position
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability and willingness to work afterhours, on-call basis for emergencies
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Position is a hands-on job that requires manual dexterity
- Must be comfortable using computer to read email, create/complete reports, internet access to research/order materials
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- Stable work history is required
- Successful background check required for continued employment.
If you meet the above requirements, email your resume to the following email address: Operations@aviationmuseum.us, ATTENTION: M. Welch
We look forward to reviewing your resume and we will reply to all experienced candidates.