Job Listing: Museum Assistant
National Capital Radio & Television Museum - Bowie, MD
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Museum Assistant
Salary - $15.00/Hour, 2 weeks paid time-off per year
Job Type - Part-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
The National Capital Radio & Television Museum (NCRTV) Assistant serves as the primary administrative support staff for the Executive Director. Primary responsibilities encompass financial management, volunteer coordination, and other administrative duties as needed to help facilitate the smooth functioning of the museum.
This is a part-time position with 20-30 regularly-scheduled hours per week, with some occasional hours in the evening and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and executes regular bookkeeping tasks for all NCRTV activities.
- Maintains the NCRTV financial books to ensure accuracy and transparency for both internal and external review.
- Prepares regular bank deposits.
- Prepares financial reports for both the Executive Director and the Board.
- Prepares monthly volunteer schedule and ensures adequate coverage during open hours.
- Schedules special tours, children’s programs, and coordinates volunteer involvement.
- Serves as liaison between volunteers and Executive Director.
- Receives and processes volunteer applications and background checks.
- Receives and processes membership applications and sends out renewal notices.
- Maintains and updates the museum databases.
- Assists in the drafting and implementation of operational documents.
- Responds to visitor and researcher inquiries.
- Maintains and develops content for the museum’s social media accounts.
- Drafts and implements communications and outreach per instructions from the Executive Director.
- Monitors supplies and purchases office, collection and operational supplies as needed.
- Maintains a clean office space and participates in the regular housekeeping of museum galleries, storage, and entryway.
- Maintains all Board-related materials.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Some college experience (including as a current student)
- Be a detail-oriented individual with strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a museum.
- Experience using Past Perfect Museum software and QuickBooks accounting software.