Job Listing: Membership Associate
Virginia Museum of History & Culture - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Membership Associate
Salary - $16.00-$20.00/Hour
Job Type - Full-Time, Non-Exempt
For more info and to apply, click here.
The Membership Associate provides support to the Advancement division to include the Vice President for Advancement and the Manager of Membership & Annual Giving. As part of VMHC's membership and annual giving program, the Membership Associate coordinates mailings, donor communications, phones, and membership fulfillment needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs gift entry into donor database, prospect management and gift reporting needs as assigned
- Creates membership fulfillments
- Provides daily support for Manager of Membership & Annual Giving with donor communications, mailings, emails, travel, and events
- Manages the VMHC Stewardship Plan inclusive of acknowledgement and tax receipt procedures and name recognition tracking
- Reviews and updates Gift Acceptance Policy, Stewardship Policy, and Donor Database entry policies annually
- Trains VMHC employees as needed on donor database system. Assigns rights as needed.
- Works with Finance department to ensure proper revenue reconciliation
- Ensures VMHC is up-to-date on state solicitation guidelines and other industry certifications
- Provides membership communication support, answering phones and membership correspondence
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary:
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Knowledge of Tessitura or other CRM system
- Knowledge of Outlook
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in history, museum studies, or related subject preferred
- Annual giving experience required
If interested in this job opportunity, please apply and upload your cover letter and resume to https://virginiahistory.isolvedhire.com/jobsearch/?job_board_classification=Job_Opportunities.
The Virginia Museum of History & Culture is owned and operated by the Virginia Historical Society - a private, non-profit organization established in 1831. The historical society is the oldest cultural organization in Virginia, and one of the oldest and most distinguished history organizations in the nation. For use in its state history museum and its renowned research library, the historical society cares for a collection of nearly nine million items representing the ever-evolving story of Virginia.
The Virginia Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.