Job Listing: Membership and Annual Fund Manager
Chrysler Museum of Art - Norfolk, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Membership and Annual Fund Manager
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Membership and Annual Fund Manager will lead strategies for acquiring new individual and corporate members, increasing member retention and ensuring the success of unrestricted gifts to the Annual Fund. This position will also work with other development staff to insure excellent stewardship for members and annual fund donors. The ideal candidate will have a background in museum membership and annual giving, a passion for analyzing data, and confidence to be “the face of membership,” ready to promote its benefits to prospective members at all Museum events, as well as through direct mail acquisition and digital engagements.
- Coordinate the cycle of membership renewals and acquisitions including list management and analysis, renewal schedule mailings, e-communication, website updates, on-site and online acquisition and renewals, member correspondence and benefits fulfillment.
- Proactively identifies new prospects to support the museum (i.e. ticket buyers, event attendees, etc.) and develops initiatives to convert them to members.
- Manage the Annual Fund, which is unrestricted, philanthropic donations from both members and guests; develops innovate strategies to increase the number of donations and the average gift received through onsite, online, direct mail and phone channels.
- Process emails, calls, and other stewardship communications with donors and members
- Ensure that fundraising campaigns are executed comprehensively; each campaign executed through various media channels (direct mail, web, social media, email, onsite, etc.) and be timed and targeted strategically to increase responses; campaign coordination requires close partnership with Marketing and Communication.
- Manage Annual Giving Day, including planning and implementation, content design, crowd funding strategies, matching contributions.
- Manage member benefits, developing new ideas to keep the member experience fresh and exciting (including a mixture of in-person and virtual opportunities) and communicating effectively to members.
- Conceptualize member events and travel experiences and make sure offerings are in line with annual fulfillment plan. Attend membership events (and other select events/programs) with the purpose of stewarding members.
- Working with Marketing and Communication Department, manage membership marketing and communication plans. Communication channels include letters, invitations, e-blasts, signage, website pages, and publications.
- Work closely with Finance team to ensure timely accurate recordkeeping of member donations and other member information; oversee the production of regular statistical reports on membership.
- Work with Visitor Services to ensure proper training on membership program and strategies to increase on-site sales. Maintain visitor conversion rate reports.
- Ensure departmental goals are met and adheres to approved budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience with customer-centered sales or marketing, nonprofit leadership, museum membership and/or annual fund programs.
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including ability to analyze data and create engagement plans or stakeholder journeys.
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate potential complications or needs before they arise.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office and CRM databases, preferably Raisers Edge or Altru.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
This position will work in a busy environment, subject to frequent interruptions, and will interface regularly with the public. Evening and weekend hours will be required.
Must be able to lift and carry file boxes and other awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs., including up and down stairs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear well, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.