Job Listing: Marketing and Communications Manager
National Sporting Library and Museum, Loudoun County, VA
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
General Overview: The Marketing and Communications Manager will have strong graphic design capabilities and manage the dissemination of information to the general public through media outlets to include internet, social media, radio, and print. The position will maintain unified marketing materials and branding campaign for the National Sporting Library & Museum. The position will work directly with all departments in designing, producing, and distributing advertising and promotional content in support of programs, exhibitions, events, and the NSLM mission. Such assignments include annual, corporate, on-line, and planned giving as well as exhibition and program sponsorship.
Key traits for success in this position include being able to take initiative and solve problems; having outstanding project management skills; and enjoying working as part of a team where everyone juggles multiple responsibilities and works hard to support their colleagues.
The position is 50% design/production related and 50% marketing/communications related work.
This is a full-time exempt salaried position. Additional work hours will depend upon events scheduled. Rotating weekend schedule.
Reports to the Executive Director.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an integrated digital and print plan for all NSLM’s marketing and communications goals
- Design the quarterly newsletter and annual report
- Oversee, manage, design, schedule, and maintain digital content to include NSLM website, e-blasts, social media (Facebook and Instagram), and online calendar posts
- Develop media relationships and draft/distribute press releases
- Negotiate and maintain media contracts, adhere to advertising schedules, develop copy, and design layouts
- Coordinate with Development department to create special events support materials including annual appeals, the Polo Classic, and a capital campaign
- Coordinate with the Curatorial department to design and produce support materials including academic catalogues and didactics
- Coordinate with the Education department to design and produce support materials including scholastic resource packets, family guides, and kids’ activities
- Produce printed promotional materials such as outdoor banners, invitations, mailers, rack card, brochures
- Maintain phone system announcements – use the announcement system to promote upcoming events
- Time management and the ability to adhere to deadlines and schedules
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
- Basic knowledge of photography (and use of digital camera)
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the position
- 3-5 yrs. experience in related field (marketing/communications/design)
New Assignments: As assigned by the Executive Director.
Application: Send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to: email@example.com.