Job Listing: Manager of Guest Services
Virginia Museum of History & Culture - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Manager of Guest Services
Salary - $42,500/year
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply: click here.
The Manager of Guest Services is responsible for the VMHC's guest services operations, including museum admissions for daily visitation and ticketing for onsite and virtual museum events, monitoring guest satisfaction and responding to concerns, and ensuring that the museum experience is accessible and welcoming to all. In addition to ticketing and daily admissions, the Manager of Guest Services will be responsible for Guest Engagement portions of the museum's Customer Relationship Management system, Tessitura, which will include the creation of events and ongoing maintenance of ticketing systems and related technology.
The Manager of Guest Services will also lead the hiring, training, and daily management of a team of Guest Services Associates to ensure best-in-class customer service for all guests who enter the museum. This team will also support the VMHC museum store, and the Manager of Guest Services will work with the Vice President for Guest Engagement and the Manager of Retail and Food Services to help meet established revenue goals. This individual reports directly to the Vice President for Guest Engagement and serves as a key member of the Guest Engagement leadership team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain schedules to ensure adequate staffing for a team of Guest Services Associates
- Support growth and maintenance of the museum's Customer Relationship Management system, and work across museum departments to build the programs and pricing details required to make onsite and online ticket sales possible
- Ensure that museum guests are provided an enjoyable experience through all stages of their visit
- Create a positive, team-oriented work environment and be a visible presence at admissions desks
- Maintain a thorough understanding of museum programs and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary:
- Knowledge of admissions and point of sales systems
- Previous experience working with the Tessitura Customer Relationship Management system preferred
- Ability to lead a team to achieve results in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous leadership experience in guest services, customer service, or museum admissions
If interested in this job opportunity, please apply and upload your cover letter and resume to https://virginiahistory.isolvedhire.com/jobsearch/?job_board_classification=Job_Opportunities.
The Virginia Museum of History & Culture is owned and operated by the Virginia Historical Society - a private, non-profit organization established in 1831. The historical society is the oldest cultural organization in Virginia, and one of the oldest and most distinguished history organizations in the nation. For use in its state history museum and its renowned research library, the historical society cares for a collection of nearly nine million items representing the ever-evolving story of Virginia.
The Virginia Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.